Watershed Blues Is:
- a mixed-media comic, that ‘cartoons’ photos by inking them with brush and pen
- a meditation on the ecology and history of the Ottawa Valley
- a lament, more generally, for the casualties of industrialization
- an incoherent aesthetic revolt against life lived through a screen, and padded with plastic
- a comic without spandex or punchlines, zombies or femme fatales, sight gags or canned jokes, indie outsiders or awkward first loves – or much else that has been done in comics before
Read the original comic all on one page here. Read it one-by-one, with your typical webcomic navigation tool, here.
Read the ongoing conversion of the comic to a fuller book-format all on one page here, and one-by-one here.
Watershed Blues first found a home in the Leveller, a left-leaning campus newspaper for Ottawa, Canada.